I make it a habit to politely ignore productivity-killing MySpace surveys, Facebook ‘app’ invites and email chain letters (“send this post to 7 people and you’ll have the best workout of your life today”), but somehow found myself amused enough to to respond to several requests for blog/facebook ‘tag’.
The rules are always a little different, so I’ve taken it upon myself to do this one MY way.
And I’m only gonna do this ONE time, got it?
1) I can’t donate blood in the US because I lived in the UK during the mad cow outbreak.
2) I’m neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I’m a realist. It’s half a glass.
3) Beer chugging skill: I’ve been clocked at under 3 seconds for a full pint.
4) I understand the need for “personality” in marketing, but I disagree with those who use their families, especially detailed stories and photos of their children, to show that they’re ‘real’.
5) Iron Maiden fan/collector. Have the original “Soundhouse Tapes“.
6) My first ‘real job’ after leaving college early had me boiling water professionally. I worked at the UofChicago steam plant for 5 years. Don’t miss it one bit.
7) I’ve always wanted to do one of those mid-winter ‘polar bear plunge’ events, but know I’d have a heart attack and/or drown.
8) I have never lifted a kettlebell. Nor do I care to.
(update: I bought a kettlebell in 2010 and yes, I occasionally use it. But it’ll still never be as good, IMO, as a heavy set of deadlifts)
9) Yes, I ‘tweet‘. Is that so wrong?
10) I never sign checks. I autograph them.
11) I am not the dancing type. Far from it, in fact. Yet when I saw ‘Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo‘ in 1984, I KNEW I was destined to become a professional break dancer.
12) I’m frequently told I have a good voice for radio. Or was that “face”? Either way, I always welcome the opportunity to audition for voice acting gigs.
Don’t lie… You’re dying to know more, aren’t you?
The other half of my randomly useless info can be found on my Facebook page.